Wednesday 16 May 2012

Gang Of Four - Live UK - xx.xx.1979


Thanks to Dave Sez for this one. In MP3 320 Kbps, it's a good Soundboard recording-



Original Comment byu Dave:

As promised above, here's the only known recording of the Gang Of Four live in the UK in 1979 - no details as to date or venue. There are two known recordings of the Go4's 1979 US tour: 30.08.79 The Paradise Boston MA and 09.09.79 Mother's Chicago, a gig which is often attributed to other dates or venues and which bassist Dave Allen made available on his site. Neither features these two unreleased tracks or different lyrics. Let me know here if you would like them.



1.I Found That Essence Rare.
2. 5.45.
3.Anthrax.
4.Waiting For My Elevator (unreleased track).
5.I’m Not Stewing Steak/Hold Up My Weekend (unreleased track).
6.Armalite Rifle.
7.It's Her Factory (different lyrics, text in download).
8.Glass.
9.Damaged Goods.
10.Ether.
11.At Home He`s A Tourist.
12.Return The Gift.

http://www.mediafire.com/?o5ccicsgy13euxz

1 comment:

  1. As for date and venue, this was almost certainly recorded on 24.02.1979 at the London Nashville, whose setlist according to http://gang-of-four-gigography.blogspot.de/2012/05/london-nashville-2421979.html was

    London, Nashville 24.2.1979 Setlist

    I found that Essence Rare
    5:45
    Anthrax
    I'm waiting for my elevator (*)
    Hold Up My Weekend (I'm not stewing steak) (**)
    It's her factory
    Glass
    Natural's not in it
    Armalite Rifle
    Ether
    Damaged goods
    At Home he's a Tourist
    Return the gift
    Outside the trains don't run on time
    Damaged goods
    Can't stand my baby [Rezillos]

    (*) = only known to have been played at Nashville, 02.03.1979 Amsterdam Paradiso and 31.12.1980 New York City, Hurrah's. Track also covered live by the Mekons. See http://darkcircleroom4.blogspot.com/2012/06/gang-of-four-i-found-that-essence-rare.html and http://darkcircleroom4.blogspot.com/2016/02/gang-of-four-paradiso-amsterdam.html

    (**) = track on 1978 demos, Nashville is the only known live performance.

    Cheers, Dave Sez.

    ReplyDelete