Wednesday 9 May 2012

Kraftwerk - MoMA, New York, USA - 13.04.2012 (Flac)





Brilliant recording of an unique event. Huge Thanks to the taper for sharing his recording on DIME.

MoMA Retrospective - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
5 - Man Machine

Equipment: Sony TCD-D8 [Mic In, 44.1] + Sony-ECM 717
Location: 25 feet from stage, left stack.
Taped & Transferred by: RyanJ
Transfer: Sony TCD-D8 > 7-Pin > CO2 Converter > Digital In > MB PRO > Adobe Audition > WAV (Inc. highs, normalize to 0db) > FLAC [Encode 8] > You

Original Info Notes from the taper:

A bit of a story to the coming of these tapes (I also taped the Computer World show), when these shows were first announced I was very excited and was hoping to get tickets. I was in class the time these went on sale and had for different internet browsers up with 2-3 tabs each to get ANYTHING. Sadly, I got nothing for any date. I was pretty bummed, so I started posts on Craigslist to get a ticket to any of the shows. I was also willing to pay a bigger amount just because "Man Machine" and "Computer World" were my two favorite albums, and could only go to the weekend shows due to final exams and I worked on Sunday.

Finally, a two weeks before the show, someone said they had an extra and I booked my plane ticket and headed to NYC!!! I was so excited and fortunate to have the opportunity to see this show. The venue, was The Museum of Modern Art in the 2nd floor atrium. I went there earlier in the day to check out the museum and look around. Amazing stuff, but I was wondering about the tall ceilings and how the sound would be. Lets just say, it was the best sound I have ever heard… ever.. for a concert. Simply amazing.

The 3D was spectacular with Kraftwerk's simple visuals. Was so pumped to hear "Spacelab" live after watching the Munich YouTube video hundreds of times since October. A young Ralf Hutter singing "Radioactivity" for the visuals at the beginning of that song gave me chills. This night was super special to me. Something I will never forget in my life. The stage itself was small and the left stack had a column right to the left of it. They put some sound foam on it, and I thought that it would be the best to record right in front of it because it would bounce off it nicely, and it sure did! A bit in the middle there were some people (who obviously were not big fans of Kraftwerk and just wanted to be there for its "exclusivity") decided to have a faint conversation for a good 10 minutes or so, before going to get another drink. People I talked to said that this was the most energetic night in terms of audience. Most of the other nights were very quiet, clapping and woo'ing at the end of songs. I am very happy with the outcome of this tape and have to say it's one of my better ones.


01. Pre-Show Music/Vocoder Intro - Man Machine
02. Spacelab
03. Metropolis
04. The Model
05. Neon Lights
06. The Robots
07. Autobahn
08. Sellafield Intro - Radioactivity
09. Trans Euro Express/Metal on Metal/Abzug
10. Numbers
11. Computerworld
12. It's More Fun to Compute/Home Computer
13. Tour De France - Original
14. Tour De France - 2003
15. Planet of Visions
16. Boing Boom Tschak
17. Techno Pop
18. Musique Non Stop

Total Time: 104:06


http://www.mirrorcreator.com/files/1QT6TCYK/kraf20120413.part1.rar_links
http://www.mirrorcreator.com/files/PM85MVMJ/kraf20120413.part2.rar_links
http://www.mirrorcreator.com/files/VEKQVMQP/kraf20120413.part3.rar_links

No comments:

Post a Comment