Friday 17 October 2014

The Cult - Wilbur Theatre, Boston, MA, USA - 13.08.2014 (Flac)



Thanks to the original uploader.

Original Info File:

Incomplete audience recording.

This was recorded with Zoom H2 with internal mics, on the low mic gain setting.  H2 lined into computer by USB, wav sent to Magix Audio Cleaning Lab 12.  Magix program was used for track markings, and removal of after show noise.  Flac created with Trader's Little Helper, SBE and torrent work also done with TLH.

Track listing:
01 - The Witch ending - stage chat
02 - Sweet Soul Sister
03 - Embers
04 - The Phoenix
05 - Spiritwalker
06 - Wildflower
07 - Rise
08 - Sun King
09 - King Contrary Man
10 - Love Removal Machine
11 - crowd noise
12 - American Horse
13 - She Sells Sanctuary
14 - band introductions - end


The sound quality on this one gets about an A-, though it gets pretty damned close to an A to my ears.  I unfortunately missed five and a half songs, not expecting them to go on as early as they did.  The recording begins as "The Witch" is in it's last minute or so.  Fortunately, the sound on this makes up for what it's missing, somewhat.  I recorded from four or five heads away from stage right, a few feet from the house speakers, which were pretty clear and clean sounding.  There is some chatty bullshit detectable, but nothing that really ruins the recording.  As pissed as I was that I walked in towards the end of my favorite Cult song, I'm glad I caught what I did.  They sounded much better than I expected.


Don't sell, try not to circulate as lossy.  Enjoy!


fu9wM8w883W34

No comments:

Post a Comment