Tuesday 17 May 2016

The Cure - Frank Erwin Center, Austin, Texas, USA - 13.05.2016 (Flac)


Thanks to the original uploader on Dime.

Original info file:

Tascam DR-40 (on-board mics) > SD card > Audacity (track splitting, click removal and very light compression in small regions, amplification, fades) > flac

01. Out of This World
02. Pictures of You
03. Closedown
04. A Night Like This
05. All I Want
06. Push
07. Last Dance
08. Lovesong
09. Just Like Heaven
10. This Twilight Garden
11. Lullaby
12. Fascination Street
13. Screw
14. The End of the World
15. Want
16. Us or Them
17. The Hungry Ghost
18. Prayers for Rain
19. Bloodflowers

Encore 1:
20. Step Into the Light
21. Shake Dog Shake
22. Never Enough
23. Wrong Number

Encore 2:
24. Hot Hot Hot!!!
25. Close to Me
26. The Exploding Boy
27. In Between Days
28. Doing the Unstuck
29. Friday I'm in Love

Encore 3:
30. Burn
31. It Can Never Be the Same

Encore 4:
32. A Forest
33. Boys Don't Cry

I wasn't sure how this would turn out. I think it's better than I expected, but there are a few minor issues that I will describe.

I don't normally like to keep the intros, but I left most of this one because of the audible voices complaining about people standing up despite having seats. This explains all the noise in the intro of "Out of This World". I was all situated with my recorder and hadn't anticipated standing up. I had to do some adjustment. Sorry. (The "needs to be louder" comment was presumably referring to the music; it certainly wasn't directed at me.) The subsequent cheering is in reference to Robert Smith finally turning around to face the audience.

I edited the encore breaks and outro, as is my preference, but made sure to keep all of Robert's banter. The break between the third and fourth encores is so short, though, that I left that one in.

Everyone in my section suddenly started sitting down in the middle of "The End of the World". (I guess I'm not the only one that doesn't like that song.) At about :42 you can hear the sound noticably change as I too sit down, although there is not any mic handling noise. There is, however, mic handling noise between a few other songs, but very rarely during the songs themselves. I did my best. The audience stood up again in the middle of "A Forest", but you can't really tell when I stood up as well.

Other issues:
Someone near me sneezes in the middle of "Never Enough" (about 1:29 and 1:31).
There is an annoying loud burst of audience cheering during the "Hello?" outro of "Wrong Number" (about 5:18).
There are a lot of guest vocals from the women next to me. Thankfully they are on key and not too loud. However, they are just about always present. They even knew the words to the b-sides.

Lastly, Robert teases a song after "In Between Days", but I cannot tell what it is. I can rarely understand his banter as it is, but after he sings a line or two, he says, "I tell you, Austin's getting to me."

I wrote a review (including a couple pictures) available here:
http://patricksmusic.blogspot.com/2016/05/the-cure-twilight-sad-live-20160513.html



part2
part1

5 comments:

  1. thank you sooooooo much!
    seeing them in june.
    trying my best not to look at the setlists though... so hard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank tou very much for share it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many thanks! :)
    But the file "InbetweenDays" seems to be damaged. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank Youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu Very Muchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! More Bootlegs Of THE CURE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please reupload! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete