Friday 31 May 2019

The Cure - Rock’n’Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony, Barclays Center, NY, USA - 29.03.2019 (Flac)


Thanks to inez for taping and sharing this recording on Dime.

Taper: inez
Location: section 16, row 18, dead center directly below SBD
Source: AT831 (SP-CMC-2) > SP-SPSB-11 > Sony PCM M10 24/48
Editing/tracking/clean-up/ downsample to 16/44.1: inez (Izotope Rx/Audacity)
Mastering/ volume adjustment (ZH): Izotope RX EQ, Waves on Adobe Audition

Alright, I admit - I have zero interest in this Hall of Fame thing… BUT: two of MY top bands - Radiohead and The Cure - getting in, miraculously, the same year. And it was happening my back yard lol So this meant enough to me to pay whatever I paid for my Silver VIP something rather ‘taping spot’… And I do not regret it for a second. Even though I had to endure Def Leppard ;) But hey - it could have been worse - it could have been Janet Jackson! lol

SO - THE CURE nailed it!!! They took the place by storm and - sorry, fans of everyone else - it was pretty damn obvious that noone else and noone else’s impact on the crowd came close. They owned the place :-) I wish they just kept playing … right from the first powerhouse of a note of Shake Dog Shake shit was coming down heavy… Robert said that they opened with it in memory of Andy Anderson, their drummer in 1983-1984, and who just passed away a month ago (RIP Andy). I would also add that Trent Reznor’s (Nine Inch Nails) intro/induction was heartfelt and really powerful.

Recording-wise - this is probably the longest I kept my recorder rolling in my life :) It was all fine, I bought this seat for a reason... Intros/talking - those are always a challenge as audience responses are much louder that speaking, but thanks to ZH - Trent has been ‘volumized’. Ultimately, introductions aren't there for fine sonic qualities! And ZH did some magic touch-ups on the rest :)
I included a few shots of the 'pink sheets' 40 page booklet - the perks of camping by the SBD lol
So ENJOY! Happy upcoming 30th anniversary of Disintegration!!

1. Video playback
2. Trent Reznor induction speech
3. Robert Smith acceptance speech
4. A short set-up break
5. Shake Dog Shake
6. A Forest
7. Lovesong
8. Just Like Heaven
9. Boys Don’t Cry

Total time: 42 min 14 sec

Seeded to dime: April 2nd, 2019

**Please support the artists!! Buy their official releases and go see them live**
**Please do not share in lossy formats, do not remaster without permission and never sell!!**



cureothehalloffame

2 comments:

  1. many thanks for sharing this, much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could you upload the unplugged mtv dvd please?

    ReplyDelete