Monday 14 December 2009

The Sisters of Mercy - The Academy, Bournemouth - 29.04.1983 (Flac)



In FLAC. From original TXT file:

"Recorded by a friend whose recordings were usually a bit disappointing quality wise, this one thankfully is the exception. Probably a good 8/10. Also, this was a spectacularly good gig.

At the time The Academy was my local venue being only a couple of 100 yards from my bedsit. I wish I had the promotional poster for this gig as they were listed as the Sisters of Mersey. Eldritch mentions this in a rare spoken moment on the tape.

This is the complete recording, I have edited nothing other than taking a spike off the beginning when the recorder was turned on and adding a fade at the end. I'm not sure if they played a short set because they came on early, the main band being an appalling local New Romantic crowd. Their early showtime certainly surprised the taper as the tape starts over the drum intro to Alice."

01. Alice
02. Anaconda
03. Heartland
04. Jolene
05. Burn
06. Valentine
07. Adrenochrome
08. Floorshow
09. Body Electric

No comments:

Post a Comment