Thursday 3 November 2011

The Young Gods - Het Paard Van Troje, Den Haag - 13.10.1995 (Flac)




Thanks to the taper for sharing his recording and to cEnda for the links. I sense something cool related to TYG coming ~this way soon ;)

Original Info File:

lineage: Sony Walkman master recording > wav > flac (level 6)

The Young Gods played Het Paard Van Troje (translated: Trojan Horse), more commonly called Het Paard (translated: The Horse) in the city Den Haag in the Netherlands in 1995. I had just bought a new walkman with recording possibilities and taped the concert. This is the first time I have made a copy of the original tape.

I cut the applause after Moon Revolutions and also after 12-unknown. The sound is muffled and the crowd is noisy. Also there's some microphone noises. But it is great fun to hear. And once they start playing loud (luckily they do so most of the time) it's no problem anymore. Still, I'd rate it as B sound quality...



Setlist:
01 - Salomon Song
02 - Strangel
03 - Kissing The Sun
04 - Skinflowers
05 - L'Eau Rouge
06 - The Dreamhouse
07 - Envoye
08 - Speed Of Night
09 - Child In A Tree
10 - Moon Revolutions (part 1)
11 - Moon Revolutions (part 2)
12 - Longue Route
13 - L'Amourir
14 - Lointaine
15 - Speak Low
16 - Did You Miss Me

The following little story belongs to this recording:
I went there with my walkman hoping to tape the show. But when I arrived at Het Paard (www.paard.nl) I was very disappointed to see a metal-detector at the entrance. So I took out my walkman and with a sad face handed it to the bouncer. He took it, looked at it, then remarked: "There is no microphone."

"I was listening to some music in the train," I said. I never answered his remark. He let me through, with the walkman. Of course the microphone was tucked away in my shoe. I carefully put it together once inside, and kept watching out for bouncers the whole evening. When I left later that evening, the bouncer recognised me and greeted me very friendly.

No comments:

Post a Comment