Monday 4 March 2013

Dead Can Dance - Concert Hall, Opera House, Sydney, Australia - 05.02.2013 (Flac)




As requested. Thanks to the taper for sharing and to cEnda for the links.

Original Info file:

Position: Front row box seat, overlooking stage 3/4 view, 30 metres from stage.
Lineage: SP-CMC-20 mics (no battery box) > Tascam DR-2d (24bit 48khz) > USB > Macbook Pro > Sound Studio (tracking, amplify left channel, limit clapping, fade out, dither to 16bit) > xACT (fix SBEs, make flac, aif, ffp and md5 files)
Continuous recording, faded at end.

Huge thanks to Dime member Vierstein91 for giving me the ticket on the day of the show - I was in for a treat, after having little exposure to Dead Can Dance before this. Hope your cough is gone, mate. I owe you one!

I must also thank ianmacd for generously recording and sharing DCD shows from his 2012 Europe-wide trek. From his colorful descriptions and true dedication I gained valuable insight into both the music and the musicians. I liked what I heard and was looking forward to the live Brendan Perry and Lisa Gerrard experience.

On the night there were no disappointments apart from the slow pre-show ticket checks (which caused me to miss the beginning of the first song). Hear for yourself how Brendan and Lisa with a five-piece band filled the Concert Hall with their unique blend of eastern and western music. The audience had the best manners I've come across in a long time, their silence broken by enthusiastic applause after most songs. The performers clearly enjoyed the rapt attention that flowed their way - so much they gave us three encores! And I came home with a recording I'm proud of - from the best seat I've ever had at the Opera House.

A gjfatty recording

Shared at Dime: February 2013

Not for sale or commercial exchange.
Share the lossless version - keep mp3s to yourself!
Total time 117:41

01 Children of the Sun [missing first 10 seconds]
02 Anabasis
03 Rakim
04 Kiko
05 Lamma Bada
06 Agape
07 Amnesia
08 Sanvean
09 Nierika
10 Opium
11 The Host of Seraphim
12 Ime Prezakias
13 Now We Are Free
14 All In Good Time
15 applause
16 The Ubiquitous Mr. Lovegrove
17 Dreams Made Flesh
18 applause
19 Song to the Siren (Tim Buckley cover)
20 Return of the She-King
21 applause
22 Wandering Star

http://textsnip.com/72c9e4

No comments:

Post a Comment