Thursday 28 March 2013

The Scientists/Siouxsie And The Banshees - City Hall, Sheffield, UK - 07.10.1985 (Flac)


Thanks to Egg_Crisis for letting me share this one here.

Cassette(audience,TDK D90,2nd gen) > wav > Soundforge(normalise) > CDWave > split on sector boundaries > flac(6)

I looked on discogs.com to help me with the song titles I didn't know. Track 7 is announced as "The Monster Inside" but I can't find a song of this title on any of their albums or singles and couldn't find any mention on the net of them having a song with this title.  Maybe that makes this song special, or maybe not.

Supporting Siouxsie And The Banshees.

This was the day before my first gig (Scientists/Siouxsie at Bradford St. George's Hall). I couldn't find a recording of the Scientists from the Bradford gig but I managed to get this one from the day before.  (At Bradford the singer introduced the first song with "We're The Scientists and we're gonna play for the next 30 minutes whether you like it or fuckin' not.")

I don't have the Siouxsie set from Sheffield although it does exist, but the final encore was on the tape with the Scientists which is why I have that one song.

Egg_Crisis, Feb 2013.

01 Hell Beach
02 Lead Foot
03 Set It On Fire
04 Bad Priest
05 Demolition Derby
06 You Only Live Twice
07 The Monster Inside
08 We Had Love
09 Nitro
10 Murderess In A Purple Dress

Length - 31:55

BONUS - "Monitor" - Final encore from Siouxsie & The Banshees set

Length - 5:50

From Perth

No comments:

Post a Comment