Monday 25 May 2020

Salvation - Duchess Of York, Leeds, UK - 11.05.1989 (Flac)



Another master shared here by Egg_Crisis, a HUGE Thank You to him.

Cassette(aud,master,TDK D90,recorded on Saisho PS 35R with built-in mic) > wav > Soundforge(normalise uneven L+R channels) > CDWave(split on sector boundaries) > flac(6)

Support was Riprize. (I didn't tape them.)
Tape flip after Why Lie.

Of the three gigs Salvation played at the Duchess in Dec 88, March 89 and this one, the audience was larger each time.  On this night the place was quite packed.

11 minutes into the gig a stage diver landed on me right at the end of Payola and smashed the tape recorder!  (It's disappointing that you can't hear any crash, it just stops.)  I put the pieces into my pocket.  A few minutes later I needed the toilet and took the opportunity to have a look at how badly damaged the tape recorder was.  Some of the plastic panels had come apart but I was able to clip it all back together and nothing was irreparably broken apart from the door being missing.  I missed 2 and a bit songs and the tape recorder served me well for many more years.

Setlist:
01 Intro
02 Instrumental
03 Paint It Rose
04 Payola
xx MISSING (Pearl Necklace or The Happening)
xx MISSING (a new song)
05 Hunger Daze (start cut)
06 To High Heaven
07 Clearing Out The Debris
08 Bamboo
09 Puppet Master
10 She Is An Island
11 All And More
12 Why Lie
(encore)
13 Blind Among The Flowers
14 Kids In America

Length - 54:51


Egg_Crisis, 30 April 2020.



salvationleeds89

No comments:

Post a Comment