Sunday 9 September 2012

Dead Can Dance - The Beacon Theatre, New York - 30.08.2012 (Flac)



Excellent sound. Thanks to the taper for sharing his recording on DIME

 Anastasis Tour

Source: AT831 (SP-CMC-2) > SP-SPSB-6 >iriver h120 (rockbox)
(otherwise known as the "Radiohub traveling rig" kindly provided by formengr)
Lineage: USB > Mac > flac (Audacity) > web


Taper: inez
Location: orchestra row BB (2nd row), stage left
Editing: BLG

Taper's notes:
An incredible show! And DanLynch is right - the sound at the Beacon rocks!!Well, I was not planning on taping this when I bought my ticket - which was great for being close enough to touch the stage with my feet (BB row becomes the 1st one) but, admittedly, not the best for taping; it was at the exact (stage) left end of the stage, underneath the speaker. That said, and having nothing to compare it to, this sounds pretty nice!!
One aspect of this 'project' that kept me on my toes for the duration of the show, is that I was at the last seat in my short row, and the security guy pulled a chair over and sat 2 ft to my right the entire bloody time! So much for checking the levels throughout!! In fact, I started filming (that's what I normally do!) Anabasis and toward the end of the song he stopped me (quietly, thank god!) - so I didn't tempt fate anymore, to not attract attention to my other activities.
One more thing: some folks left after the 2nd encore (?!?!) so for the last song, Wandering Star, I moved several seats toward the center to get good shots of Lisa (which are fabulous if anyone like them!). I did not readjust the levels, so last song turned out quieter than the rest. Also perhaps because it is Lisa solo. Hoping our esteemed editor raise it up a bit :-)
Oh I almost forgot! - I taped the last of the three songs of the opening act by accident!! I didn't even notice that I turned the recorder on while moving stuff around. My mics were not fully exposed then, but it sounds remarkably clear; so I included it as a little bonus. It was their drummer actually, right?

enjoy!!

Brendan Perry - Vocals, Guitars, Stringed Instruments, Dulcimer on 22
Lisa Gerrard - Vocals, Dulcimer, Keyboards
Astrid Williamson - Keyboards, Backing Vocals
David Kuckherman - Percussion Instruments, Handpans, Keyboards
Jules Maxwell - Keyboards, Backing Vocals
Richard Yale - Bass, Keyboards
Dan Gresson - Drums





Setlist:

01. Children Of The Sun
02. Anabasis
03. Rakim
04. Kiko
05. Lamma Bada
06. Agape
07. Amnesia
08. Sanvean
09. Nierika
10. Opium
11. The Host Of Seraphim
12. Ime Prezakias
13. Now We Are Free
14. All In Good Time
15. Encore One
16. The Ubiquitous Mr. Lovegrove
17. Dreams Made Flesh (This Mortal Coil cover)
18. Encore Two
19. Song To The Siren (Tim Buckley cover)
20. Return Of The She-King
21. Encore Three
22. Wandering Star

total time: 2:00:20

23. Bonus:
track 3 (last song) played by the opener, Dan Gresson (?)

**PLEASE DO NOT SELL OR SHARE IN LOSSY FORMATS!!**

No comments:

Post a Comment