Sunday 21 December 2014

RE-UPLOAD: The Rose Of Avalanche - Duchess Of York, Leeds, UK - 29.05.1993 (DVD)






The last ever Rose Of Avalanche gig! (Unless they decide to reform). Thanks to Egg_Crisis for letting me share his master here.



Original Info File:

Video8 cassette(Aud,Master,Sony Metal MP90 recorded in LP mode,filmed using a Sony CCD-F455E camcorder) > LG DVD/VCR combo > DVD-RW disc > TMPGenc DVD author(add chapters & menu,no re-encode) > VIDEO_TS folder

PAL DVD
Menu
Chapter marks at the start of each track

Video: MPEG2 Video 720x576 (4:3) 25.00fps 6556Kbps
Audio: Dolby AC3 48000Hz stereo 256Kbps

I finally managed to get a camcorder to play my old tapes.  The camcorder that I filmed these on gave up the ghost years ago. I had it repaired once, filmed one more gig, and it broke again.  For the last few weeks I've been looking for a replacement and after finding one last month that would play SP but not LP (75% of my tapes are in long play) I managed to get one this afternoon.  And wasting no time, here's something quite special.

I'm told there's some dispute over whether they played this gig as The Rose Of Avalanche or some other name.  I can state absolutely 100% this was definitely a Rose Of Avalanche gig.
It was advertised as such on Duchess flyers, as well as the notice pinned on the door that night.
Also before Always There, Phil says "This is it, the last song of the last gig of The Rose Of Avalanche".  Before Too Many Castles there's a shout of "What's the new name?" to which Glenn jokes "We'll have a Blue Peter competition"(to decide the name).  Blue Peter(for anyone overseas who might not know) being a kids tv show that has lots of competitions.

Before the first song starts, Phil sings a little bit of Zippedy Doo Dah.  We're then treated to quite a few new songs.  Phil says the titles of some of them, but there's 4 I don't know and had to guess, they're the one with (?) after the name.

I greatly enjoyed watching this video this afternoon as I transferred it.  The sound is excellent, and I did my best with the filming.



Band:
 
Phil Morris - vocals
Glenn Schultz - guitar
Darren Horner - bass
drum machine



Setlist:


01 Intro
02 Something More Than Sex (?)
03 All Is Liberty (?)
04 I Don't Wanna Sing This Song Again
05 I'm In Heaven
06 String A' Beads
07 Lights On
08 If You Only Knew
09 Follow Me (?)
10 Why?
11 I Just Don't Mind
12 Love Keeps Me Hanging On
13 Rules (?)
14 Somebody To Love (Jefferson Airplane cover)
15 Ride The Storm
16 Always There
   (encore)
17 Too Many Castles In The Sky
18 Step It Up (Stereo MC's cover)

Length - 83:57




htHVj_k
hsPFvTg
hzjhTo
hU2LVLk
httpuHA
hNw8KE

No comments:

Post a Comment